It's a long list this month, I had some catching up to do...
Recently published journal articles:
- "Self-pollination in island and mainland populations of the introduced hummingbird-pollinated plant, Nicotiana glauca (Solanaceae)" by Sheila K. Schueller. American Journal of Botany. 91(5), pp. 672-681.
- "Reversing introduced species effects: Experimental removal of introduced fish leads to rapid recovery of a declining frog." by Vance T. Vredenburg. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 101(20), pp. 7646-7650.
- "Growth of Lythrum salicaria and Phragmites australis plants originating from a wide geographical area: response to nutrient and water supply." by Dasa Bastlová, Hana Cízková, Marek Bastl and Jan Kvet. Global Ecology & Biogeography. 13(3), pp. 258+. (Article about purple loosestrife and common reed in their native ranges)
- "Relative importance of suppression-based and tolerance-based competition in an invaded oak savanna." by Andrew S. MacDougall and Roy Turkington. Journal of Ecology. 92(3), pp. 422+.
- "Pollinator visitation, stigmatic pollen loads and among-population variation in seed set in Lythrum salicaria." by Anna R. Waites and Jon Agren. Journal of Ecology. 92(3), pp. 512+. (Another study of purple loosestrife in its native range)
- "Synergistic interactions between an exotic honeybee and an exotic weed: pollination of Lantana camara in Australia." by D. GOulson & L.C. Derwent. Weed Research. 44(3), pp. 195+.
- "Long-Term Population Changes of Native and Introduced Birds in the Alaka'i Swamp, Kaua'i." by JEFFREY T. FOSTER, ERIK J. TWEED, RICHARD J. CAMP, BETHANY L. WOODWORTH, COREY D. ADLER, AND TOM TELFER. Conservation Biology. 18(3), pp. 716+.
- "ANT BODY SIZE PREDICTS DISPERSAL DISTANCE OF ANT-ADAPTED SEEDS: IMPLICATIONS OF SMALL-ANT INVASIONS." by J. H. Ness, J. L. Bronstein, A. N. Andersen and J. N. Holland. Ecology. 85(5), pp. 1244-1250.
- "SELF-REGULATING MECHANISMS IN CANNIBALISTIC POPULATIONS OF JUVENILE SHORE CRABS CARCINUS MAENAS." by Per-Olav Moksnes. Ecology. 85(5), pp. 1343-1354. (Study of the European green crab in its native habitat)
- "Impact of exotic fish removal on native communities in farm ponds." by Yasunori Maezono and Tadashi Miyashita. Ecological Research. 19(3), pp. 263+. (Study of largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides spp.) and bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus spp.) introduced to Japan)