Invasive Species Weblog logo


Author: Jennifer Forman Orth

Invading your brain since 2002.


About | Links | Suggest a Post


Don't see what you're looking for?



2011 Calendars are here!
2011 Calendars are here!

Get the ISW Feed!    Atom enabled

Subscribe in Bloglines   Add to Google Reader or Homepage



Nature Blog Network



Saturday, February 24, 2007

Weekend Photoblogging  

A Few of Flickr's Feral Feathered Friends:

A ring-necked parakeet in London:

South London parakeet
Originally uploaded by London looks.

Mynah birds in Australia:

Feral Myna Birds
Originally uploaded by Schilling 2.

A feral peacock in Washington:

Morning Blue
Originally uploaded by furryscaly.

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:

Interesting story on the London parakeets. You may be interested in my blog which covers a wide range of alien species to London, at: www.beastsoflondon.blogspot.com

By Blogger Neil A, at 5/08/2007 04:11:00 PM  

Although there are feral peafowl populations in FL, I took these shots in Mead, Washington.

Next time ask before using any of my photos though, please. Though I will almost always grant permission, I like to know where they are going, partially so I can guarantee the information surrounding then is accurate.

I commend your blog, just figured I'd correct some info regarding where those peafowl were located.

- Matt (furryscaly) Reinbold

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2007 08:32:00 PM  

I've removed the second of Matt's photos since it was not licensed under Creative Commons - and I am reaffirming my commitment to using only CC-licensed photos.

Also, the error is now fixed to correctly indicate the peacock's location - Washington state. Sorry - I went through a lot of feral peacock photos before settiling on that one - apologies to Matt!

By Blogger Jennifer Forman Orth, at 5/16/2007 09:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is Powered By Blogger. Isn't yours?



ARCHIVES: