Seems like invasive species have been on the minds of a lot of American bloggers lately, what with spring finally getting going and all:
- The Birdfreak Birding Blog posts about something decidedly un-avian: garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata). Walking the Berkshires posts about it too.
- The Urbane Homestead starts off on garlic mustard too, but then waxes philosophical about Bishop's weed (Aegopodium podagraria).
- Walking the Berkshires also notes that some idiot let loose a whole bunch of pot-bellied pigs (Sus scrofa, but a presumably more domesticated variety of pig) in Connecticut.
- Fieldmarking posts about the pessimism surrounding the spread of the Emerald ash borer beetle (Agrilus planipennis).
- The most awesomely named SusHI blog (Sustainability in Hawai'i) posts about efforts to rid the island of Kauai of the Australian tree fern (Sphaeropteris cooperi).