From the December issues of the scientific journals:
- "Scale-Dependent Associations Among Fish Predation, Littoral Habitat, and Distributions of Crayfish Species." 2003. James E. Garvey, Jessica E. Rettig, Roy A. Stein, David M. Lodge, and Steven P. Klosiewski. Ecology. 84(12), 3339-3348. (From 15 year-old data!)
- "Increased Competitive Ability of an Invasive Tree may be limited by an Invasive Beetle." 2003. Evan Siemann and William E. Rogers. Ecological Applications. 13(6), 1503-1507. (Chinese tallow tree [Sapium sebiferum] vs. Chinese rose beetle [Adoretus sinicus])
- "Potential for Self-Defeating Biological Control? Variation in Herbivore Vulnerability among Invasive Spartina Genotypes." 2003. Dino Garcia-Rossi, Nathan Rank, and Donald R. Strong. Ecological Applications. 13(6), 1640-1649.
- "Effects of Introduces Bees on Native Ecosystems." by Dave Goulson. 2003. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. 34, 1-26.
- "The Ecology of Bird Introductions." by Richard P. Duncan, Tim M. Blackburn, and Daniel Sol. 2003. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. 34, 99-125.
- "Performance Comparisons of Co-occurring Native and Alien Invasive Plants: Implications for Conservation and Restoration." by Curtis C. Daehler. 2003. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. 34, 183-211.