Invasive Species Weblog logo

Author: Jennifer Forman Orth

Invading your brain since 2002.

About | Links | Suggest a Post

Don't see what you're looking for?

2011 Calendars are here!
2011 Calendars are here!

Get the ISW Feed!    Atom enabled

Subscribe in Bloglines   Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Nature Blog Network

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Yam-leaved Clematis  
Weekend Photoblogging

Yam-leaved Clematis
Originally uploaded by urtica.

A pretty flower from yam-leaved clematis (Clematis terniflora), a fairly aggressive invader on parts of Nantucket. A local botanist took me on a tour of the island, showing me where all the invasive plants like to hang out. When I saw this plant, I realized that some seedlings I had photographed on Nantucket in 2004 (see photo below) were the same species. The seedlings were growing at a different part of the island - that doesn't bode well for the future.


You'll be appalled to know that this invader was a Plant of the Week here.

This stuff has naturalized in SE Louisiana. I kill it when I can. It's a toughie.

By Blogger Farmer Flick, at 12/18/2005 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is Powered By Blogger. Isn't yours?