Recent rumblings in the blogosphere about invasive species:
- Invasive Notes has a good post about non-native soil. When you're done with that, an appropriate chaser would be the article about Bermuda's cricket field woes I pointed to last week in the Twitter feed.
- bootstrap analysis notes that the carp are comin' - in fact populations of Asian carp near Lake Michigan have doubled.
- The bioblog has an excellent post about the effectiveness of biological control agents.
- Walking the Berkshires has yet another good invasive plant post, this time about the black swallow-wort vine (Cynanchum louiseae) taking over Monhegan Island.
- The Lulu Island Blog put together a useful photoblogging post about purple loosestrife and plants that look a lot like loosestrife when they flower.
- bbum has a nice big post about a nasty little weed known as puncturevine (Tribulis terrestris).