Monday, June 13, 2005

1000th POST!

That's right folks, this is the one thousandth post at the ISW. To celebrate, I'm doing something brand new...uh, actually I'm doing something new for the ISW but kind of old, at least in the blogosphere. I promise to make it as loaded with invasive alien goodness as possible.

Some crazy nuthatch summoned me to this book meme:

Number of books I own: About 500, together with my husband. The rule is to use the library for fiction unless it is an author I really like, or if the book is used. This keep the numbers down.

Last book I bought: The Baja California Plant Field Guide by Norman C. Roberts, preceding a trip to Los Cabos, Mexico. Nice book, but not nearly big enough to cover what I photographed, many of which were species not native to the region.

Last book I read for the first time: Survivor: A Novel by Chuck Palahniuk. I thought it was really good read. And yes, I did buy it.

Five books that have influenced me a lot: Finally, something meaty...

Five bloggers to inflict this onto: I think I'll keep my wacky blogroll to myself for now.

Thank you everyone for stopping by, and see you at the ISW 2K!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Quite a milestone.

I've got the Botany Coloring Book, too, but not the others. I'll have to look at them.

Anonymous said...

Newcomb's is also one of my favorite books. It is probably one of the most unheralded field guides of all time, at least as groundbreaking as Peterson's field guides.