Friday, February 01, 2008

Clean Boat Clean Boat Clean Boat...

...Hey, that wasn't that hard to say! :-)

If you live in the USA (well, mainland USA) and you are into boating, check out this cool contest from the Izaak Walton League of America. If you can correctly answer all four questions in their Clean Boat Challenge, you could win $2500 to spend at Bass Pro Shops. Also, if you are part of a non-profit organization aiming to help keep aquatic invasive species from spreading, check out the Boat U.S. Foundation's Clean Water Grants program (but hurry - deadline is Feb. 8th!). Longtime readers of the ISW may remember that Bass Pro Shops is the same company that offered a bounty on the Northern snakehead back in 2004.

(Tip of the virtual hat to BYM Product and Industry News for posting the press release.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might want to check that Clean Water Grants site again, I think it says the deadline was February **1st**.
:(

Jennifer Forman Orth said...

I was using the info on the IWLA's website, which says Feb. 8th.

I emailed the grant administrator to make Boat U.S. aware of the error, and even asked them to consider extending the deadline. If they do, I expect *you*, Mr./Ms. Anonymous, to apply! :-)

Susan said...

Thanks for letting us know about the typo. Yes the deadline was Feb 1st. I am the Director of Environmental Programs for the BoatU.S. Foundation. Given the IWLA typo, we will do our best to allow for late proposals. Please do us a favor though if you have not yet submitted your proposal please get it to us ASAP and submit it electronically, not via US Mail. Thanks and I look forward to reviewing your proposals.

Anonymous said...

Heh. I emailed them too. I'm not too involved with any relevant non-profit, but I'll pass the word...