Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Photo Synthesis

You can now access the full gallery of photos from my visit to Cutler Park, site of a release of Galerucella beetles as a biological control for purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria). There are lots of photos of beetles and other creatures on purple loosestrife and also many images of the native wetland flora in the park. All 61 photos are covered under a Creative Commons license, which means they are free to use for non-commercial purposes, provided I am credited as the photographer.

1 comment:

fuzzyturtle said...

I have to ask.. how the HECK did they get the little beetles into the containers? Don't tell me it was done by hand!

I just hauled my seven host plants up to the release site (with several thousand beetles) and now my car smells like swamp. It was worth it though, i'll miss the little critters! but they have work to do!